Last updated on: March 29, 2020 by Musa Kurhula Baloyi
- Graduate, IT Specialist, Information Management Technical Consultant, Research Intern @IBM
- Graduate Software Developer, Consultant Developer, Senior Developer @ThoughtWorks
- Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer, Fraud Data Analyst @Standard Bank
- Lead Data Engineer, Lead Developer @Differential Capital
Lecturing, teaching and tutoring
- BSc Computer Science and Statistics @University of Limpopo
- Higher Diploma in Computer Science @Wits University
- BScHons in Computer Science @Wits University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mathematical Sciences
@African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
(AIMS) & @University of Cape Town(UCT)
- MSc in Engineering (Information) by Research @Wits University [in progress]
- International Computer Driving License from ICDL SA
- IBM Information Management Optim Technical Sales Mastery Test from IBM
- M40 IBM Information Management InfoSphere Warehouse Technical from IBM
- M45 IBM Information Management DB2 Technical Mastery v2 from IBM
Tools, languages and platforms
- Scientific Packages: R, SciPy, Scilab, Sage, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS, Latex, etc.
- Web Frameworks: Django, Rails, Flask, Sinatra, Spring, Express, etc.
- DB Management Systems: MySQL, DB2, Postgres, CouchDB, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, other Linux distros
- Virtual Environments: Vagrant, VM Ware, Docker, OpenStack, Ansible, etc.
- Deployment Platforms: AWS EC2, Digital Ocean, Jenkins, Heroku, CloudFormation, etc.
Business imperatives / Technology stacks
- PDF Scraping: AWS Textract, pytesseract, OpenCV, pdf2txt
- Data Engineering: HortonWorks Data Platform, HortonWorks Data Flow, SMACK stack, Elastic stack
- Project Management: Atlassian
- Data Science: Anaconda, pandas, scikit-learn, Kaggle
- Chatbots: IBM BlueMix, IBM Cloud, Watson Conversation API, Watson Assistant API, Python, JSON, dialog, Google DialogFlow
- Algorithmic Trading: Python, Bloomberg API, Bloomberg EMSX, quantopian, zipline
- Web Development: LAMP, MEAN
- TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, neural networks
- Virtual reality, augmented reality
- Unity, game development
- Mobile development, iOS, Android